As a software test engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating software functions through designing test protocols and test automation. To ensure success as a software test engineer, you should have advanced knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting. The test engineer works closely with DevOps who provide the infrastructure to run testing and manage the CI/CD pipeline. A test engineer would also provide guidance to the software engineers on expanding the coverage of unit testing and be knowledgeable in Test Driven Development.
- Responsible for leading the testing environment, by building a program for automated testing to eliminate the need for manual testing and ensure release quality
- Design and implement to improve test automation infrastructure’s reliability, scalability, performance, and repeatability of setup and deployment
- Validate necessary tools and test plans for conducting software testing
- Provide detailed configuration, reproduction steps, and descriptions for defect tracking
- Automate test scripts based on manual test cases following page object model and a data driven approach.
- Consistently provide accurate estimates during grooming sessions.
- Prioritize your workload based on sprints driven by the business needs.
- From time to time perform manual testing and file bug reports according to appropriate QA practices.
- Work closely with multiples teams across the organization including but not limited to Software Development, Product team, DevOps and UI
- Create your own testing tools to accelerate the testing process
- You are someone that is extremely detail oriented
- When a production issue is found, you feel a sense of urgency to make sure the test scripts are updated
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Python, Ruby or another scripting or programming language
- Experience working in a Test-Driven Development environment
- Experience with Selenium and Appium
- Configuration management, defect tracking, test plans, test protocols, and test execution
- Strong knowledge with Docker and in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in source control management tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently and work within a team
Please send your resume along with a covering letter to [email protected]