As a Controller, you will be an invaluable part of our leadership team, responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting. You will ensure compliance with all financial regulations and other requirements, and you will work closely with the CFO and other departments to drive profitability and cost-effective operations.
- Oversee all accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in compliance with legal and corporate obligations.
- Assist with the management of the budget, cash flow and financial forecasts.
- Implement and maintain internal financial controls and procedures.
- Collaborate with other departments to optimize financial performance.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Take the lead for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual audit and tax returns for external CPA firm.
- Assist with the preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month-end balances.
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements and related footnotes in accordance with either, or both, US GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist in managing the relationship with outside auditors.
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Prepare quarterly variance analysis of actual versus budgeted results.
- Assist the CFO with overall risk management activities.
- Assist with insurance coverages including relationship with external broker.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for quarterly Board meetings and Board committees.
- Manage administration of the stock option plan including stock-based compensation.
- Assist the CFO with corporate governance matters.
- Other projects as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Financial Officer and other Executives of the Company.
- Assist in the integration of financial and business systems of acquired companies into the group following M&A activities.
- Manage the streamline of processes subsequent to the acquisition of companies and businesses.
- Assist with due diligence matters, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in financial accounting and reporting, with a proven track record of success in leadership roles.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial management role
- Excellent analytical and strategic planning skills
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced Excel skills
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS or GAAP as well as US or Canadian regulatory reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding of internal controls, risk management, and audit practices.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with ERP systems and financial software; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and a passion for developing and mentoring teams. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
This position offers hybrid or remote options in Canada only. Please send your resume along with a cover letter to: [email protected]